Folding Arms Awnings are exterior shading systems with the retractable arms that are often used to provide protection from the sun or inclement weather while complementing any external facade. Typically positioned over windows or exterior doors, a sheet of canvas stretched by a frame with a roller tube at the top, spring-loaded and retractable arms at both side, and is used to keep the hazards of weather from entering to a room. Larger versions of the awning are sometimes utilized to provide cover for patio areas along the back of a house. The unique folding arm design means that the retractable awnings do not require any posts or frames, therefore keeping the area below free from obstruction.
Canvas (Awnings with sides) are commonly known as traditional style awnings as they have been used for many years dating back to the early 19th century using cotton canvas fabric. Traditional style awnings are appropriate for historical buildings, but now you may not see as popular as Retractable Awnings.
- Hand Cranked Control
- Motorized Control
- Remote Transmission Control
- Wind/Sun Sensor Control
- Centralized Control
Features & Benefits
Folding arm awnings, being retractable are quite useful. It means that they are not permanent fixtures thus quite convenient. With the addition of columns an awning becomes a canopy, which is able to extend further from a building, as in the case of an entrance to a hotel. Restaurants often use awnings broad enough to cover substantial outdoor area for outdoor dining, parties, or reception. They are not only good as protection to the openings of your windows but at the same time, they can be used to any place you want them like over your pool, extension of your patio and so on. You can even use them just for special occasion if the need will arise since you can easily fold them after the said event.
- Provides sun & weather protection for patios, terraces, balconies & outdoor areas.
- Largest area coverage on the market – up to 5m projection.
- Robust design with heavy-duty folding arms – excellent fabric tension & support.
- Pitch control allows the awning angle to be adjusted – optimal protection & comfort.
- Front rail gutter ensures water run off – unable to accumulate on the awning fabric.
- Front valance available in straight or waved.
- Quality anti-corrosive materials (extruded aluminium & marine grade stainless steel)
- Wide variety of fabric colours, patterns & styles to choose from.
- Frame available in Dulux Durralloy & Interpon D1000 powder coat colours.
- Add sun/wind or motion sensor.
- Add a Raya LED light bar (sits underneath awning – attached to wall)
- Ability to add sign writing/branding for businesses (outsourced)
- Retractable Awning
- Drop Arm Awning
- Spear Awnings